Our House Logo is an Atom. This reflects Lord Rutherford’s outstanding research and achievements in this area of Science. It also symbolises having one common goal with each member of the House working their hardest to support it.
Some key facts about our House namesake:
Lord Ernest Rutherford
- Born in 1871 just outside of Nelson
- Graduated from University with three degrees
- Won the Nobel prize in 1908 for his research into radioactivity and the nuclear structure of the atom
Qualities we follow of Lord Rutherford's:
- Setting goals.
- Working hard.
- Being motivated and dedicated.
- Showing pride in your work and yourself.