THIS IS WHO WE ARE
When our boys grow into young men and leave school, what will mark them out as men of character?
We believe the following values are like strands of DNA that flow through our special character. They are the blocks that build our school culture and are closely linked to the Integration Deed and the HIBS Key Principles.
Kia mau Ki ngā mātāpono
o te hōnore, te pono,
te whakapono me te rato.
Hold fast to the principles of
Honour, Integrity, Belief and Service.
- Treating others with respect regardless of race, gender, academic or physical ability.
- Allowing others the freedom to be who they are without pulling them down.
- Conducting yourself with honour and self-control.
- Standing up to protect others and promote what you believe to be right.
- Following through on your commitments and being true to your word.
- Choosing to make decisions based on your principles.
- Doing the right thing, knowing that nobody is going to know whether you did it or not.
- Equipping students to compete successfully, respectfully and sensitively on the world stage.
- Living with a sense of purpose and hope because of the belief that God is interested in our lives and working for our good.
- Having the ability to back yourself and others – Encourage and expect Excellence.
- Believing that you can make a difference in the world.
- Developing an awareness of the needs of others and an unselfish attitude.
- Broadening your perspective and experience through serving others.
- Making a positive difference in the world around you.